Monday, May 30, 2011

Review: Arby's Grilled Chicken and Pecan Salad Sandwich

Why Try: Healthy, One-stop food variety, Drive-thru convenience

Why Fly: Mixed foods (including pecans), No customization

Bottom line: If you want a fast, healthy, yummy, complex, chicken/salad/pecan sandwich, go no further. Cheaper than the equivalent at a specialty shop.


I just tried the Arby's Grilled Chicken and Pecan Salad Sandwich and I can't say I was disappointed. Then again, I rarely ever order such things for fast food, so I was glad to get out of my comfort zone.

All aspects of the sandwich hit the mark: a good balance of components (chicken, mayo, lettuce, pecans, etc). Nutritionally, it's definitely better than normal fast food fare, though there are over 800 calories, about 400 from fat. You can check the nutrition info at the website above.

However, will I purchase it again? Probably not, as I go to fast food outlets as a break from my normal, healthy routine! If you are more disciplined than I, it is certainly worth a try.

Disclosure: I received gift cards to purchase samples for reviewThe opinions I have expressed are my honest opinions and have not been influenced by the companies providing the free product.  No other compensation was received.

0 comments: